Glocal Solutions Japan, along with its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “GSJ”), has established its Website (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”) and services on social media sites (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”) for persons who wish to use them (hereinafter referred to as the “Users”) only after having read and accepted the following terms.
Individuals who voluntarily participate in the Services, including GSJ’s officers and employees, shall not be deemed as announcement of GSJ’s stance when posting on sites or making statements.
- Article 1: Scope of the Policy
- This Policy shall be applied to all Users of the Site and Services.
- Article 2: Precaution for Use of the Site
- 1. The following actions are prohibited when using the Site and Services:
- Actions that violate public order and morals, as well as related laws and regulations, or any other actions that may result in such actions
- Actions that may lead to criminal actions, or any other actions that may result in such actions
- Actions that violate the privacy of others
- Political and/or religious topics; remarks that defame or insult others; contents that violate public order and morals including obscenity; and remarks or actions that may cause harm to GSJ.
- Infringement of copyright and portrait rights, or any other actions that violate accompanying laws
- Commercial use of information provided by the Site an Services without permission
- Commercial use of the Site and Services
- Actions of sending or posting harmful computer programs or camouflaged files
- Actions that interfere with use of or access to the Site and Services
- Any other actions that are deemed inappropriate on the Site or Services by GSJ.
- 2. GSJ may delete information and/or contents posted by the Users on the Site or take other necessary measures without prior notice. GSJ shall not assume any responsibility for damages incurred to the Users by such measures regardless of pretext.
- Article 3: Third-Party Damages
- In case a User caused damage to a third party through use of the Site and the Services, the User shall compensate for such damage at his/her own responsibility and expense or personally resolve the dispute with the said third party in order to hold GSJ harmless.
- Article 4: Compensation for Damages
- In case a User caused damage by violating the Policy, GSJ may claim damage against the said User.
- Article 5: Disclaimer
- 1. Integrity of the Site and Services
GSJ does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or legitimacy of information provided on the Site and the Services.
- 2. Third-Party Damages
GSJ shall not assume any responsibility for damages incurred to the Users or third parties caused by the information provided on the Site and the Services, unless the said damage is caused by GSJ’s intentional or gross negligence.
- 3. Linked Sites
GSJ does not check all Websites referred to on the Site and the Services (hereinafter referred to as the “Linked Sites”). GSJ shall not assume any responsibility for the contents on the Linked Sites as well as damages incurred to the Users by the use of the Liked Sites. GSJ does not guarantee the information and services published on the Linked Sites.
- Article 6: Intellectual Property Rights and Handling of Personal Information
- 1. Intellectual Property Rights
Users shall transfer the copyright of all information and contents, which was posted on the Site while in use of the Site or the Services, or was sent to GSJ via email, to GSJ without compensation. The User may not exercise author’s moral rights on the use of the said information and contents by GSJ.
- 2. Copyrights
Users may not duplicate, distribute, publish or publicly transmit the information and contents acquired through the Site and the Services except for purpose of private usage within a limited extent of an individual or a family. Users also may not use the information and contents on the Site and the Services beyond the scope of the copyright law without permission.
- 3. Trademarks
All trademarks, logos and service marks posted on the Site and the Services are either owned or used with a license by GSJ. Users are prohibited to use them without permission.
- 4. Handling of Personal Information
- 5. Cookies
The Site contains pages with technology called cookies. Cookies are files with the User’s access information to specific pages of the Site, and are saved on the User’s computer (or smartphone, tablet, etc.). The User may choose to reject cookies or receive cookie notification through browser settings. In case cookies are rejected, note that certain services may become unavailable.
- To make the Site more convenient
- To conduct a statistical analysis in order to provide better services and information for Users
- To provide beneficial information to Users
- To provide information and conduct promotional activities of products and services based on the information acquired through association with the pre-possessed personal information, such as member information, and analysis.
- 6. Web Beacons
The Site contains pages with technology called Web beacons. Web beacons are small image files embedded within Webpages that can retrieve access status and detailed statistical information of the User when used together with cookies. Web beacons on the Site are used for better communication with Users and statistical analysis and are not used for collection of personal information.
- GSJ may make changes to the Policy without a consent from the Users. In such case, the Policy with the changes shall be applied. This Policy with changes shall be considered effective upon publication on the Site unless specified otherwise by GSJ.
- Article 8: Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
- Interpretation and application of the Site, the Services and the Policy shall be governed by the laws of Japan. The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction of the first instance over all disputes in connection with the Site and the Services.